DIY Galaxy Nails and Nightmare Before Christmas OOTD

9:08 PM

Hey guys! It's been a while, and I apologize for that. 

For today's blogpost I want to share my "galaxy-inspired" nails. I've noticed a huge trend going around the internet (it hasn't seemed to catch on at my school yet) of galaxy prints and fashion. Granted, I'm not one to usually follow trends,--I either like them, or I don't-- but I've always loved sparkles and the night sky, so I thought I would try doing some galaxy-themed nails.

These are actually fairly easy to do. I used these four nail polishes. The black is for the base: the sky. You could also use a dark purple or a dark blue.

Then, I used both a metallic blue-turquoise polish from  Confetti (CVS), and a metallic silver-pink (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear). 

For these, I dabbed a tiny little bit on each nail, and used a cosmetic sponge to dab and blend it, making it look like a galaxy of stars. 

The most important part is the glitter! The NYC glitter (Starry Silver glitter) I used was perfect for this because it had 3 different sizes of glitter which gave the nails an appearance of different dimensions.







Sorry these aren't the best quality photos, haha! The nails looked MUCH cooler in person, trust me. Also I love wearing rings.

Here is my face... sorry my hair is so messed up, I took this after a long day of school.

For clothes, I wore a Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirt and threw a black blazer on. Instead of skinny jeans, I stuck to black leggings with white Doc Martens. finally, I threw on a grey beanie for an added cute-casual look. Too bad it was SUPER hot today. 




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. SO cute! I love beanies and your nails are amazing, maybe you wanna follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those nails and the colour! u apply it so well!

    you just gained a new follower <3

    xx michelle

    mich-ette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nails look amazing !!

    Vigi
    http://wellhellothere26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool manicure! :)
    Maybe you might consider following each other on GFC and Bloglovin? I will wait for you on my blog!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Leave me a comment to read! If you have a blog, link it below so I can go visit it! Thank you for all the support! x