Where I've Been!

1:07 PM

Hey everyone! It's been quite a while (almost 2 weeks) since I've last written a blog post! I promise I haven't quit--I've just been super busy (and yes, I know that's the excuse I use for every time I'm gone...)! 

Hear me out though! I swear this time I have a more legitimate excuse for leaving...

It includes blood, gore, swords, murder, betrayal, ghosts, witches...

I've been working as a makeup artist for my school production of Macbeth!
And I have to say, in terms of my entire school year, this has probably been the highlight for me.

I've met so many people through this production, and I've gained so much knowledge in terms of theatrical makeup (which has always been an interest of mine). 

The people in the play are all perfect, and they're all so talented it's unfair!

My job consists of helping people change (as there are lots of character switches), and putting on makeup before and during the show! Yes, all the guys require eyeliner (one of the hardest parts of my job--they all try to avoid the makeup). I also do old-man makeup for three of the actors (my favorite part is getting to hairspray their hair grey!), and I get to turn Banquo into a ghost (which is a whole other story to be told).

It's actually a lot more commitment than I ever imagined, but I'm so glad I joined and I'm thrilled to be a part of such a lovely (and bloody) production.

Fun fact: several of my friends came to see the play and one of them commented that during intermission there was so much blood on the floor that the stage crew was furiously mopping it up before the intermission ended.

So, tonight's the last show, and though I'm tired and worn-out from late-night shows (I've had to do homework after all of them), I'm going to be really sad when the production ends! However, there's always next year... right?

However, I think it's definitely time to get back to blogging and regular life. I'll be posting soon, I promise!

Thank you all for the wonderful support, and I also promise to read/respond to comments as soon as today is over!

By the way, Happy Valentine's Day! Hope yours is a little less bloody and tragic than mine.


Here are two silly pictures from backstage (yes, we got Macbeth shirts as well, how cute)




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It sounds great! I hope you enjoyed it as much as possible! : )
    I love your photos!

    ❤✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Leave me a comment to read! If you have a blog, link it below so I can go visit it! Thank you for all the support! x