CoverGirl Star Wars Collection Lipstick

10:50 AM




Happy October, friends! 

I was at CVS the other week and I came across a new Covergirl Star Wars full display, with the mascaras, lipsticks, nail polishes and everything. I've been waiting for the Star Wars collection since the summer, so I was super excited to find these beauties, and I pretty much just decided then and there that they had to be mine. I'm super stoked for the new movie coming out! Star Wars has definitely been a prominent movie/franchise for me as I grew up, so I'm excited to see how it will evolve.

Unfortunately, my CVS display was out of most of the colors (I really wanted to try the gold and lilac ones), but they did have #50 and #70 in stock. #70 (c'mon CoverGirl, why can't you give them geeky names instead) is a beautiful frosted nude color. At first when I picked it up in the store I thought it was my coveted gold color, but upon further inspection I realized it was more of a light brown nude with a frost finish. Swatched on the hand in natural lighting it looks like a rose gold. First of all, I have never owned any frost lipsticks. None. I own so many lipsticks, but never any frosts. Mostly because it just feels outdated now. 

#70 is a stunning color. It's pretty sheer, but the frost finish isn't patchy at all. There's something really  different about it, and it's definitely one of the most unique colors I own, hands-down. 

#50 is more of my go-to shade, and a lot more wearable, at least for me. It's definitely a very vampy color, and though it pulls more magenta in the photos above, it reminds me of Wet n' Wild Cherry Bomb, only less opaque and with more plum tones in it. It's definitely not super opaque, but Covergirl tends to make more balm-y lipsticks so I wasn't surprised. It's buildable, and I do like it and would definitely wear this shade out (#70 might take some thought). It's definitely not transfer-resistant, which I was expecting. 

All in all, I found the CoverGirl Star Wars lipsticks to be really fun. They're not amazing in terms of quality, but they're cute enough to collect, if you are a makeup lover and a geek. These were quite expensive at my CVS ($8.26), so I'll probably wait a while for the initial hype to go down and buy the other shades at Walmart or something. I definitely think they're worth a try if you like the colors and you enjoy Star Wars knick knacks!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is such a cute collection!! I haven't really tried Covergirls lipsticks before but I'm loving these metallic shades :) I agree with you shade 50 is definitely a more wearable shade especially for fall~
    It's a shame most of the colours were sold out, it would be interesting to see what other colours they have in the range!

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I didn't even know this collection came out! I really like both of the colors *u* Thank you for sharing <3
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg when was there even a star wars collection?! :D
    Both colours have a beautiful frosty look , but my favourite is the #70!
    (I agree...where are the cool starwar themed names for the shades?!)
    Btw, I’d love to invite you to join my blog giveaway!
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2015/10/charrmyn-2nd-blog-anniversary-mini.html
    xx Charmaine

    charrmyn || Join my Blog Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Leave me a comment to read! If you have a blog, link it below so I can go visit it! Thank you for all the support! x