The Liebster Award1:48 PM
Thank you to Claire for nominating me for The Liebster Award -- an award to introduce bloggers with under 200 followers!
1. 3 items you would bring if you were on a desert island?
I actually hate this question so much, haha.
Here's my short answer:
1. a sizable paperback fantasy novel
2. an iPod to play music
3. a laptop or notebook to write
2. If you could take a flight anywhere tomorrow, where would you go and why?
The UK, hands-down. I haven't been yet, and I would love to travel to Britain, Ireland, and Scotland. I'm a total Anglophile. I would love to go to Ireland because I'd love to learn more about the history of Ireland, and Celtic myths and fairytales are my life (fantasy is a big inspiration for me). Also, I love Scotland because I love Macbeth (as you all know), and it makes me smile every time I hear bagpipes playing "Scotland the Brave."
3. Your greatest holiday?
I'm going to assume this means greatest vacation. I think my trip to Africa (though no "vacation"), was one of the highlights of my life. I also loved my family trip to Orlando, Florida to visit the Harry Potter theme park a few years ago when it first opened (I'm a huge Potter geek, if you didn't already know).
4. What is at the top of your bucket list?
I haven't made a bucket list in a while, but I do know some of the things on it. They're a little bit wacky/strange: "Playing an dead body extra in a horror movie" is one of them. That's definitely not the first thing, though.
5. If you could invite 3 celebrities (living or deceased) to dinner, who would you invite and why?
1. Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco. Brendon has been one of my idols for the longest time, and I've been listening to Panic for quite a while. He's spunky and energetic, and I think he'd be very interesting to talk to. I'm also proud of what he and the band has done in handling the Westboro Baptist church picketing their shows (if you haven't read about this already, please do).
2. Tom Hiddleston! Does this even need explaining? I think he's just lovely in general, and I admire him so much.
3. Emma Watson. She's been my idol since childhood (again… Potter geek), and I love her even more now (if possible). She's so cute and pixie-like, and I love her style! I'd love to talk to her about Harry Potter, but she's been so involved in the fashion world recently, so I would definitely have to talk about that as well.
6. Why did you start blogging?
I had been following many fashion bloggers like Feral Creature and ihateblonde.com, and I was really inspired by their work. I also became very interested in makeup -- specifically theatrical makeup, and I started to learn everything I could, and I would practice on myself and others by offering to do their makeup. I started to volunteer as a makeup artist/costumes assistant for school productions, and that's where I found my passion.
I turned my passions into art whenever I could, and in my spare time I would often combine my interests by enlisting my friends. I would style them, do their makeup, and put together an impromptu (or planned) photoshoot to document my work.
Blogging looked like fun, and it was a creative outlet for me to dump all my photography, styling, makeup, and writing in one online platform at any time I wanted. I couldn't be happier with it.
7. Favorite lip product?
I'm obsessed with lipsticks. They're so fun to wear, and take literally seconds to apply (hopefully). I've been wearing all different shades of lipsticks lately, but I always go back to my vampy dark lipsticks.
I always get my lipsticks from drugstore brands because I honestly love drugstore makeup -- I'd rather get 6 different lipsticks for the price of 1 MAC lipstick.
My favorite drugstore brand is Wet N' Wild, and I love their Megalast $2 line. I have the colors "Mochalicious" and "Stoplight Red," and I'll see if I can do a review on those two sometime. In addition to those two, I also have a lipstick from their Fergie collection in "Pagan Angel," which is a black lipstick. Really, really gorgeous, but it tends to smear.
My favorite lipstick color is "Mahogany" from N.Y.C. It cost me less than a dollar (around 60 cents because it was on sale)! It's a very dark-red-berry-wine color, and it's beautiful. I think it suits me better than any color, and I think I might just buy a few more tubes just in case it goes out of stock.
8. Favorite food?
Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Just kidding (but I do eat too many of those).
I really enjoy vegetables! I love broccoli and kale. I also really like potatoes… cooked in pretty much any way. I'm starting to gravitate towards simpler foods (maybe I'm getting old).
9. What is your favorite subject at school?
My favorite subject has and will always be English! I love reading and writing. I don't know what more to add. I'm definitely more of a "humanities" person… I'm a menace at maths and sciences.
10. What is the best animal?
Cats. I've loved cats for as long as I remember (my parents can confirm this). I love all kinds of cats, honestly. One of the best parts of my trip to Africa was being able to see wild cats (lion, leopard, cheetah)!
11. Your favorite outfit when you're on vacation?
I'm not quite sure what this question is asking… I don't usually re-wear outfits… and I definitely don't have "vacation" clothes. My outfits usually compose of a main statement piece (usually crazy shoes), and I style around that.
Justine (my sister)
Laura (she may have more than 200 followers)
(I didn't want to go through all the blogs I follow to nominate 11 people… so I'll just leave it at these. I tag anyone who wants to do this tag!)
The questions for the people I tagged:
1. Who is your favorite blogger?
2. What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?
3. Favorite drugstore liquid eyeliner?
4. What is something in your life completely unrelated to fashion that influences your style? (For example, love for punk rock music influences how I dress)
5. What is something (clothes, makeup, etc) that you've wanted for a while?
6. Top beauty secret?
7. Favorite foundation?
8. If you could change something about your style, what would it be?
9. Favorite makeup brand (drugstore and high-end)?
10. How would you describe your style in less than 10 words?
11. What is your favorite novel?