♡ March Beauty Favorites! ♡3:45 PM
1. JCat Beauty Shimmer Powder Eyeshadow I got these three at a store in the mall for $2 each! The metallic eyeshadows are so pigmented. I have Earth Mango (bronze gold), Rose Sienna (pictured above in swatch, burnt orange), and a violet glitter. I'm super obsessed with them, and I have to stop myself from buying too many!
2. NYC Liquid Eyeliner It feels like I've been using N.Y.C.'s cheap drugstore products for the longest time--ever since I was 11! My holy grail eyeliner is the Wet N' Wild MegaEyes liner in black, but I think I may have found a second HG eyeliner! Honestly, I think this one is pretty much the same as my Wet N' Wild one, and both are so inexpensive! Love this, and I'm so glad I learned about it. Thanks, Youtube!
3. e.l.f. Cosmetics Creme Liner in Coffee and Kleancolor angled brow brush
I was looking for a dupe of the Anastasia Brow Pomade, and what do you know? I found a pic on Pinterest (I normally don't trust things on Pinterest… but…) comparing these two! I decided to give it a try, and now I'm hooked! There's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to using gel liner as your eyebrow product, because it comes off so pigmented, but with a bit of patience, a spoolie, and this $1 Kleancolor angled brow brush (Shop Miss A), I have never been happier with my own brows. I actually purchased 2 more brow brushes as backup, just because I liked them so much!
4. Wet n' Wild Contouring Palette in Caramel Toffee Wet n' Wild is hands-down my favorite makeup brand. Their eyeshadows are amazing (try the Comfort Zone palette), and their eyeliner is so cheap and so pigmented! I've been using the Reserve Your Cabana bronzer (it's actually a beautiful, matte highlighter shade) for my everyday highlight shade. This contouring palette lacks in the pigmentation department, but it is very finely-milled.
Above, I've swatched it (you can barely see the highlighter shade because I am quite pale, sorry!) and I've placed the N.Y.C. Sunny bronzer (the bronzer I use--it's super affordable and quite common among the beauty community) next to it for comparison. As you can see, the Sunny bronzer is definitely more orange/warm in tone. The contour shade in the palette is also a warm-toned brown, but it's less orange and more muted in color, giving a much more natural contour shade. Even though the highlighter doesn't really show up on my fair skin, I do use it to subtly brighten up the under eye and set my concealer, and it is perfect for that! You're definitely going to need to build up the contour shade, but I can live with that. Did I mention that this palette is freaking huge in size?
5. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Teddy Bare Attention, Kylie Jenner-lip color seekers!!! Haha, just kidding. This is the perfect 90s brown lip color, and it's a more brown than my regular e.l.f. $1 lipstick in the color "Fantasy." In fact, I've been wearing this lipstick almost everyday. I'm really impressed by the Milani lipsticks, and I'm hoping to try Naturally Chic the next time I make a CVS run! You'll definitely be seeing this shade again in my next blog post *hint hint.*
6. Moonriver Beauty Brushes I have been using the small contour brush and the tapered highlighter brush everyday for my contouring and highlighting! I was also very pleasantly surprised by the flat top kabuki--it works perfectly with my mineral foundation. I had been using the e.l.f. Powder flat top kabuki before, but I actually prefer my Moonriver one! It's dense enough to buff out the product, but not too dense and too big to really pack on the powder.
7. And, finally, as a bonus--my newest addition to my makeup storage! You've probably started to notice this, as it was in my last post with the Moonriver brushes.This acrylic storage container came from Marshalls, and cost me only $17. It has three mini drawers, and a detachable lipstick/product holder on top. It looks so so cute, and I'm absolutely obsessed with it!
Sorry this post is so picture and text-heavy! I've been a little sluggish lately with the posts, but I'm working to change that. Hopefully you've also noticed the increase in the quality of my posts… hopefuly!